Sausage and Hash Brown Breakfast Patties
Hash brown-crusted sausage patties are a delicious blend of two breakfast faves!
- 2 Russet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound ground pork, ground chicken or ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, onion and flour and season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, combine the pork, fennel seeds and maple syrup and season with salt and pepper. Form the meat into thin patties, about 3 inches in diameter. Coat the patties in a thin layer of the potato-onion mixture, completely covering the meat.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat with EVOO, two turns of the pan. Cook the potato-covered patties in the hot skillet until golden brown and crispy and the meat is cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side.