Scallion Cream Cheese-Stuffed Bagel Sticks
Boil and bake these bagel breakfast bites, or enjoy them as afterschool snacks! If you like these, you’ll also want to try Strawberry Cream Cheese-Stuffed Bagel Sticks.
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces), softened
- 3-4 scallions, sliced
- 1 ball store-bought pizza dough
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Sesame seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and scallions until thoroughly mixed.
- Cut each pizza dough into four pieces and roll each piece of dough out into 9-inch x 4-inch rectangles. Spread some of the cream cheese mixture lengthwise down the middle of each rectangle.
- Brush one of the long sides of dough with egg wash and fold a half-inch of the short ends of the dough over the cream cheese. Then fold the long side without egg wash over, folding it over the cream cheese to enclose the filling and crimping slightly to secure. Transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining rectangles.
- Drop a bagel stick into the boiling water and boil for 4 minutes. Remove and place on a baking sheet, seam-side down. Brush the top with remaining egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Repeat with the remaining sticks. Make three small slits in each stick to release steam and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.