Sloppy Joe Manicotti
Sloppy Joes meet pasta in this easy baked casserole.
- 1 12-piece package manicotti shells
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can tomato sauce (28 ounces), divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the EVOO over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beef and brown it, breaking it up as it cooks, about 5 minutes. Stir in 2 cups of the tomato sauce, the brown sugar and the Worcestershire sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Drizzle a 9-inch x 13-inch casserole dish with 1/4 cup of the remaining tomato sauce. Stuff each manicotti shell with 1/4 cup of the meat mixture and place them side by side in the casserole dish.
- Spoon the remaining tomato sauce over the manicotti and top with the cheese. Bake until golden and bubbly, about 15 minutes.