Spanish Chicken and Rice
This budget-friendly meal will be popular with the whole family! Young cooks can help by shredding the chicken and mixing the ingredients together.
- 3 cups homemade chicken stock, reserved
- 2 cups rice
- 1 whole chicken, already boiled to make the stock and picked of meat
- 1/2 cup green olives, chopped
- 1 box frozen peas (10 ounces), defrosted
- 1 cup salsa
- Over medium-high heat in a medium size saucepot, bring the chicken stock up to a bubble. Add the rice, cover and turn the heat to low. Cook until the rice is tender, about 15-17 minutes. When the rice is ready, fold in the shredded chicken, olives, peas and salsa.