Spinach-Artichoke Hummus and Cheesy Toast
- 1 can chickpeas (15 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 box chopped frozen spinach (10 ounces), defrosted
- 1 can artichokes (15 ounces), drained
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Asiago cheese, divided
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Pre-heat the broiler to high.
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, salt, freshly ground black pepper and EVOO and puree until smooth. Add the spinach, artichokes and 1/4 cup of the grated cheese and pulse until everything is just barely combined. Ask a grown-up helper (GH) for help running the food processor, if you need it.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Asiago cheese on the baguette slices and toast them under the broiler (ask your GH for help using the broiler, if you need it) until the cheese is golden and melted. Serve the toasts with the hummus alongside.