Stacked Caprese Sticks
This is like an Italian supper on a stick!
- 12 bamboo skewers (8-inch)
- 12 grape tomatoes
- 12 basil leaves
- 12 bocconcini (bite-size pieces of mozzarella; available in tubs near Italian cheeses in the grocery store)
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- On each skewer, place a grape tomato, a folded basil leaf and one piece of bocconcino.
- Drizzle the sticks with EVOO, salt, and pepper.
- Pack for a picnic in a sealable plastic bag or serve.