Stacked Panini Sticks
This reminds me of my favorite panini sandwich, which has ham, cheese and arugula. Here’s my version of this panini on a stick!
- 6 round, crusty rolls
- 1 pound spreadable cheese, such as Robiola (Italian cheese) or Alouette brand garlic and herb cheese
- 1/2 pound prosciutto di Parma (Italian ham, available at deli counter)
- 2 cups arugula, well washed
- 6 bamboo skewers (8-inch)
- Split rolls and spread the bottom half of each roll with cheese.
- Top with a few pieces of arugula and two thin prosciutto di Parma slices; set the top of the roll in place and press down.
- Cut into quarters or grill to toast the roll, then cut.
- Stack the four quarters of each sandwich on a stick.
- Serve or pack the stacked sticks into large sealable storage bags.