Tortellini in Brodo
This recipe is an Italian classic that will warm you up inside (Brodo means "broth")!
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 2 bags fresh spinach (10 ounces each)
- 2 bags frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- A handful of flat leaf parsley leaves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- A couple handfuls of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- A loaf of crusty bread
- In a large pot, bring stock up to a boil. Ask a grown-up helper (GH) for help using the stove if you need it. Drop in the frozen tortellini. Give it a stir and cook according to package directions.
- When tortellini are done and look like puffed up pillows, ladle them along with the stock into soup bowls. Add a few leaves of spinach into each bowl.
- Top with some lemon zest and a small handful of Parmigiano Reggiano. Serve with some crusty bread alongside.