Serves 10-12 snack-size portions
We added a little zucchini to up the veggie action in Destiny’s recipe!
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 5 fresh basil leaves, finely sliced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 whole wheat baguette, halved lengthwise
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the tomatoes to a mixing bowl, sprinkle with salt and stir to combine. Stir in the basil, bell pepper, zucchini, garlic, black pepper, 3 tablespoons of EVOO and the Parmigiano Reggiano and toss to combine.
- Drizzle the baguette with the remaining 2 tablespoons of EVOO and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 5-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Spoon the veggie confetti on top and slice each half into 5-6 sections. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Yum-o! The Family Cookbook.