Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
Roasted chicken with rice flavored with lemon and thyme is a five ingredient winner!
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 1 chicken (about 2 1/2-3 pounds)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
- Pour the rice into a 9-inch x 13-inch ovensafe baking dish. Add the chicken stock, lemon slices, thyme sprigs and some salt and pepper. Stir to ensure an even layer of rice on the bottom of the dish.
- Arrange the chicken on top of the rice. Drizzle the chicken with EVOO and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for about 1 hour, until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven. Place the chicken on a board and let rest, about 5-10 minutes, before carving.
- Stir the rice to loosen.