Yum-o! Windy City Chicken
This recipe was served in Chicago Public Schools (CPS) as part of a collaboration between Yum-o!, CPS and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Originally created to be served in schools, we’ve adapted the recipe here for you to try at home.
- 4 chicken legs (thighs attached) or 4 chicken legs and 4 chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon poultry seasoning (about half a palmful)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) or vegetable oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the poultry seasoning, paprika and ground cumin and sprinkle the mixture generously all over the chicken. Drizzle the EVOO over top and rub in to coat. Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 40-45 minutes, or until cooked through and an internal meat thermometer reads 165°F.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes, then serve.