Zucchini Crust Pizza Bake
There are even veggies in the crust of this whole new way to make pizza!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 3 cups zucchini, shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat the broiler.
- In a large, cast iron skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion, garlic, green pepper and tomatoes until softened. Fold in the basil and remove to a bowl.
- While the onion and pepper are cooking, in a bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, flour, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Drizzle a little EVOO (eyeball it) into the same skillet the onion and pepper were cooked in. Drop four equal mounds of the zucchini egg mixture onto the skillet and cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Top each of the zucchini-egg rounds with some of the cooked tomato mixture and shredded cheese. Pop them under the broiler until golden brown and bubbly, 1-2 minutes.