This dish is super affordable and easy to make. It’s elegant enough to serve for a special dinner.
- 1 pound fettuccine, regular or whole wheat
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 medium-large or 4 small zucchini, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- Place a large pot of water over high heat to boil the pasta. When the water reaches a boil, add a pinch of salt and drop in the pasta. Cook the pasta to al dente, according to the package directions. Drain the cooked pasta and reserve.
- While the pasta is working, place a large skillet over medium-low heat with four turns of the pan of EVOO, about 4 tablespoons. Add the garlic to the pan and sauté until golden, about 1 minute. Add the lemon zest to the pan and continue cooking another 30 seconds. Add the zucchini and cook until tender, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the veggies, parsley and mint with the cooked pasta and serve.