Creamy Cheesy-Fruity Stuffed French Toast Sticks and Warm Syrup
Listen up, kids!
If, since last Mothers’ Day, you have:
- Yelled at Mom
- Skipped your chores
- Faked being sick to skip school
- Acted mean to the dog, cat, turtle or hamster or “forgot” to feed them
- Lied about where you were going with your friends and/or what you were doing with them
- Completely faked-out your mom out about who started that last fight with your baby brother or sister
- Lied about finishing your homework or when it was due
If any of the above are true, I was a kid too, once, and I am telling you – YOU OWE HER BIG TIME!
Make her this breakfast for Mother’s Day. She deserves it and you’ll really like it, too!
P.S. Let Mommy sleep in on Mother’s Day! DO NOT DELIVER TO MOM (in bed, with juice and coffee and kisses) BEFORE 9 AM!
P.P.S. A picture makes a nice card and do not forget to sign it “with Love, Your Name.”
- 2 eggs, beaten
- A couple drops of vanilla extract
- A splash of milk
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup raspberry or strawberry all fruit spread
- 2 cups real maple syrup
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Beat eggs, vanilla and milk in a shallow bowl.
- Mix together cream cheese and raspberry or strawberry all fruit spread.
- Heat the syrup in a small pot over low heat to warm.
- Make four sammies of cream cheese and jam and two slices of bread each.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Coat sammies in egg like French toast, but thicker! Cook stuffed French toast until the sammies are golden brown on both sides. Remove the stuffed toast from the skillet and cut into four sticks per sammie for dipping. Fill small cups with 1/2 cup warm syrup and place sticks of stuffed toasts alongside.
WE LOVE YOU, MOM! REALLY! YUM-O!