Easy Homemade Gravy
This gravy is quick, easy and reliable – no lumps!
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups turkey or chicken stock
- A palmful of poultry seasoning or dried ground sage
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped flat leaf parsley, for garnish (optional)
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and sprinkle with the flour. Let bubble for 30 seconds, then slowly whisk in the stock until smooth. Bring to a simmer, then add the poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until thickened.
Pour the gravy over carved turkey and garnish with parsley.