Watercress and Endive Salad
Impress your friends and family with this sophisticated-sounding salad that’s really super easy to make!
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or the juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 bunches watercress, cleaned and trimmed
- 1/2 English (seedless) cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced into half moons by a grown-up helper (GH)
- 1 head endive, leaves removed from core
- To make the dressing, place the apple cider vinegar or lemon juice, mustard, honey and some salt and pepper in the bottom of a large salad bowl. In a slow steady stream, pour in the EVOO, using a whisk to combine.
- Add the watercress, cucumber and endive leaves, toss to coat, and season again with a little salt and pepper to taste.