White Bean Dip
Rachael says, "There’s nothing better than snacking on a good dip – I call them snack’ables! This one is a very basic snack’able that is similar to hummus, but it uses white cannellini beans instead of chickpeas. Dip in your favorite veggies or some nice baked pita chips. Hey, if you don’t have certain herbs on hand, improvise – there aren’t rules in cooking!"
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (14 ounces)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 sprigs fresh mint leaves
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme leaves, stripped from stems
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped or snipped with scissors
- Have a grown-up helper (GH) pulse all the ingredients except the chives in a food processor until a smooth paste forms. Transfer to a bowl.
- Garnish the dip with chives sprinkled on top.